Makin' Waves



Last January,some teens and young adults from my local support group were invited to sing the choruses for a new CD that Leonardo was making...as you can see, they had a great time. My son Danny wasn't an official member of the chorus, but he had fun "playing" his guitar and singing backup (ok, the mic wasn't turned on....but he thought he was a rock star anyway;-)







The CD, Makin' Waves, was released yesterday in time to help celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Month.
To order the CD, go here:http://www.leonardomusic.com/index.cfm
Here's more information about Leonardo:
Hello Friends,

Leonardo here, Parents’ Choice Award winning kids/family musician announcing the release of my new CD Makin’ Waves. It features a chorus of youths from the South Bend, IN area DS group, including my brother Mario, singing along with me!

I am reaching out to DS groups nationwide to get the word out and have included a Press Release below if you would like to pass it on to members or include it in your newsletter. (feel free to edit). Even from the beginning, this project started “makin’ waves” when a local TV news crew filmed an amazing story about the recording process. See my website for clip.

SPRING TOUR: March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness month, and the end of winter, so why not hit the road to raise awareness and bring a concert/dance party to local communities nationwide. If we have met at conferences or Buddy Walks (I performed at 6 this year!) then you know what I do. I mentioned the idea at my booth at this years NDSCC conference in Boston and had very positive responses, especially from Texas and New England!

My visits can be a family night performance, classroom visit, library event, backyard bash…anything goes. I have set up a forum on my website to make the planning and communication easier..feel free to contact me directly with questions. And if we can’t fit it all into March I’ll just keep traveling. I really hope this will happen. I know I will be in the KS/OK area in early Feb.

Thank you very much!
Leonardo Biciunas(click here for Leonardo's website

312-399-5124

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that! Man I cannot believe how cute and grown up Danny is now.

Patty

Post a Comment

people who read us

r-word.org

Player